[IPp] crystalized U50 humalog

Hello Everyone.

Today we had some major problems with Liam's bg's. Liam is 4 years old. He
uses a MM 508 and U50 Humalog.

For no apparent reason this morning his bg went up to 500. His site looked
good but the line had several bumpy spots with little cracks.  We had this
happen on at least two other occasions in the past 5 months. Is this
crystalized insulin?  We changed sites and that corrected the problem.  We are
unsure if that was indeed crystalized insulin or not. Now we are thinking that
when we had what we thought were bad sites could have been crystalized
insulin. Could someone tell us about their experience with crystalizing
insulin? What exactly it looks like and was it with diluted Humalog?

We have read here that Novolog doesn't crystalize and it doesn't leave as much
of a lump or mark at the pumpy sites.
Has anyone had any negative experiences with Novolog?
We have heard you can't dilute Novolog. Has anyone been using diluted

We would appreciate any help.
You can e-mail us directly also.

Joel and Dianne, parents of Liam, 4yrs, dx'd at 8 months