Re: [IPp] Re: Duration of Sites

We had a site failure this morning. We did our normal site change with no
problems and then after lunch when I went to give a bolus, our pump alarmed
with "No Delivery" appearing on the screen. So I disconnected at the site and
did a fixed prime of 3 units and it went thru ok, so that meant that the
problem was at the site. I was bumming!! :(   But, my son sucked it up and
was really great, he just stood there and let me change it out.  I was very
proud of him. :)  I really like using the sil-serter better than manual
insertion. I feel that using the inserter really helps me get the silhouette
in at the correct angle.  It is amazing how scared my son was a week ago when
we started pumping and how he cried and faught me when doing a site
change....to now, him just standing and saying "ok mommy, but hurry up and no
talking while we do it".  He is so cute.
I think we should start having a holiday called KIDS DAY!
By the way, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you hard working and dedicated
mothers.  We all have amazing kids who deal with alot every day, but so do
we, being the worried  and loving mothers that we all are.  I applaud each
and every one of you. :)
Pump-mommy to Matthew ( 5 ) pumping-Paradigm since 5/7/02
and to Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D.
West Hartford, Conn.