Re: [IPp] Novolog

> Michael,
> We switched Nikki Tyler to Novolog about 6 weeks ago.  Reason was we
> only got 1 to 2 days out of a site.  Now we get 3 days and could get
> more if we wanted.  Also we have noticed and alot of people have
> told us that she needed less insulin .  Why I don't know.  So you
> probably won't need to dilute, it has more of an even delivery.
> That 's what i have seen anyway. We are really pleased with the
> results and its only been 6 weeks, but we have definitely found a
> difference.

>From your description of the need to change every couple of days,
Nikki would fall in the group of 6% of pumpers that have problems
with Humalog -- my daughter also is in this group and she experienced
a large drop in insulin when she switched as well. Not everyone will
see this change. Most people that have used both Humalog and Novolog
including some that participated in the trials, report no difference
at all.