Re: [IPp] Novolog

> I am going to the doc's next week and I want to talk to him about
> switching to Novolog or as it is called in Canada, Novo Rapid.  I
> would like to hear from anyone who has switched.  My daughter is 6
> and is currently pumping with Humalog diluted to 40%.  Her basil
> rates range from .1 - .24 per hour.  I am wondering how many people
> that switched did not have to dilute anymore, since I am unable to
> get any clear information on diluting the Novolog.

If you are not having difficulty with Humalog, why would you switch??
Novolog is equally effective as Humalog in almost everyone. It is
just the few who have some sort of reaction to one or the other that
need to switch. Diluting or not diluting would have the same effect
with either insulin analog under normal conditions.