[IPp] classroom testing idea

What's the POP opinion of this idea?  (It occurred to me while I was
sending an email to another pop)
Lauren can check her bg herself and knows how to read the numbers.  The
problem is she doesn't always stay on task when she needs to check her
bg.  I have heard of kids in elementary school using alarm clocks to
remember when they need to test.  Maybe we can use a reward system if
Lauren completes her bg check before the snooze alarm goes off again.
Something like gold starts on a chart and then I give her a reward after
so many stars.
Has anyone tried anything like this?  I think it just might work for
I'd love to hear any opinions.
p.s. Does anyone know of an alarm clock with a very short snooze cycle?