[IPp] Re: tubing length

<<Lauren's pump arrived today.  We will start saline on May 16 and insulin
on May 28.  They included infusion sets with 43" tubing.  Lauren is six
years old.  What length of tubing do kids typically use at her age?>>

     Claire started pumping with Quick-sets and 23 inch tubing a day before
she turned 7.  A while later Quick-sets were in short supply and we had to
order the 43 inch tubing, which seemed so long for her.  Well, she loves the
43 inches and did not want to switch back.  She likes being able to lay the
pump down on the floor or bed when she gets changed.  The tubing just gets
tucked easily into her undies, where she also clips her pump.  Didn't start
out like this, but this is what she chooses.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8