Re: [IPp] Pumping Insulin - Lumps

<<From: email @ redacted - Sarah
Actually we switched to Novolog before we started the pump three weeks
ago...and today when we went to the hosp for our insulin start, the endo
found that the lumps were gone. The lumps were from injecting with a syringe
and from not making sure that we rotated enough and injected a couple inches
from the last site.
Hopefully now that we are pumping, we won't have those lumps come back.
So far his blood sugars have been great all day, lets hope our first night of
checking every two hrs goes well. I am already tired, but it is all well
worth it. :)>>

Glad to hear things are going well on Matthew's first day pumping insulin.
The nights are long - it gets better but there are stretches that still
test my ability to deal w/ 2 & 3 hr. increments of sleep.  But those are
rare now, thankfully.

The lumps he got from injecting & not rotating - be very careful, because
it can be very easy to get comfortable with certain areas for sites, and
site rotation remains our challenge.  There isn't a lot of fatty "real
estate" on an active kid's body, and it's sometimes easier to go into a
familiar area than to fight them/their fear to go into a new one.  Hopefully
the Novolog switch will help the sites heal up quickly too.

Wishing you a continued smooth start!

Do You Yahoo!?