Re: [IPp] tubing length

In a message dated 5/8/2002 7:28:31 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> They included infusion sets with 43" tubing.  Lauren is six
>  years old.  What length of tubing do kids typically use at her age?

It's really a personal choice -- shorter tubing leaves less to tuck away but
is easier to have the site pulled out if the pump drops, while longer tubing
gives you more the have to deal with (say when she goes potty but is less
likely to get pulled out . . .

My 11 year old is 5' 3" and prefers the long tubing because she can easily
set her pump on the floor or on the edge of the tub when doing things like
changing clothes or bathing (don't want to cook the insulin) . . .

You might ask them to send you a few samples with the shorter tubing and then
have your daughter try both while you're pumping saline . . .

Pumpmama to Katie