[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IPp] school

Definately get a 504 plan.  If you request one they have to give you one.  It 
is the law.  Get a 504 plan and don't take no for an answer.  You will have 
to sit down with some school officials (probably the school nurse, principal, 
and maybe a couple others).  If you don't like something in the plan, don't 
sign it.  Here is a link to a web sight that spells it out and also another 
page that will help you.  <A HREF="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_0q_000.htm">children with DIABETES - Diabetes at School</A>  <A HREF="http://www.diabetes.org/main/community/advocacy/discrimination_and_school.jsp">ADA - 
Community and Resources - Advocacy</A> Please don't let them push you around.  If 
you have the money, I would suggest a lawyer if they start being difficult.  
Anyway, I hope this helps.


In a message dated 5/7/2002 11:11:55 PM Central Daylight Time, 
email @ redacted writes:

> My daughter is in 6th grade and her school is terrible about her care
> while she is there,how can I get them to listen to me and do what is
> neccessary for Alyshas care?The principal also told me she did not need a
> 504 plan?I think they are just not getting it,I even called the
> superintendants office only to be callled by my daughters schools
> nurse...........HELP!!!!!!!!
> > kim mom to Alysha dx 3-5-02
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml