Re: [IPp] Record Keeping of BG's and school issues

Hi

Patricia 12 tests usually anywhere from 6-10 times a day and I made a form
in my excel program simple and plain and did up several months ahead. We
included what her basals were daily, each blood sugar, bolus and a place to
write under it a note if something was a bit off or why such and such.

It was easy to do and if you have excel, just go and play around it to make
this.

As to school, our school is a night mare at times.We have no nurses, no
teachers willing to help even to read the machine.Thankfully Patricia is now
12 but still brittle and having a hard time with controls. She has celiac
disease and other problems that  make it harder to control. We have not ever
had a Teacher's Aid and never a 504 plan or anything. We fight for every
change.At least she was able to check sugars in class and drink when she
needed juice for lows. She has been sent from gym alone and wandered hall
ways and thankfully never had any low seizures. She starts grade 7 this fall
and has many learning disabilities so we are praying she  gets better
results from that school.Have meetings to go to soon if it works out for it.
I still have a 5 yr old in school with many other health and learning
problems and it looks like the tests will confirm he is Fragile X, but for
now we fight for every single thing he needs.

Never a dull day Never a dull moment but life is too short to waste and I
don't give up easy. I dyed my hair deep bright red this week so now am armed
for warrior duty. Look out schools because I am not running away. I use Kill
With Kindness and it does help...lol

All the best
Jana in Nova Scotia