Re: [IPp] school

In a message dated 5/7/02 1:37:36 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Those of you that have children in school all day and test in the nurse's
> office, how often do your children test?  The people that have their
> children
> in school all day and have pumps, who monitors what your child eats and who
> gives boluses for it?

Congratulations on your upcoming pumping.....Mary, 8, tests her bgs anywhere
she is with an adult (teacher, aide) confirming her numbers. Our nurse has
trained a whole slew of people to do this. I always pack her lunch with the
bolus she needs written on a card with it. She eats all of her lunch and is
allowed extra time if she needs it. For extra *surprise* goodies she just
calls me and I tell her how much to bolus. We have perimeters for trips to
the nurse if needed......hope this helps