Re: [IPp] school

My son Matthew is five yrs old and started full day kindergarden this year.
The school nurse tests his blood sugar and now that he is on the pump, she
will bolus him. He is assigned another teacher to "monitor" what he eats at
lunch, and I add  a little note in his lunchbox with what I packed for lunch
and how many carbs were in each item. He then brings his lunch box to the
nurse for her to see what he ate and what he left. So far, so good. The
school nurse also came with us to pump training and was a big help.  His
teacher keeps an eye on him and if she feels he needs an extra test, she
sends him to the nurse.  The first few months were scary for me, with his
teacher having no clue about signs and symptoms of blood sugars high and
low...but now she is getting the hang of it.

Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.