re: [IPp] Baseball and pumping

<<From: Jocelyn Robinson <email @ redacted>
My son plays many sports.  For most of them; soccer, track and basketball he
can disconnect from his pump during participation and his readings are still
Last year during baseball he could disconnect at the start of a game and be OK
two hours later.  Not so this year.  He had his first baseball games this
weekend and I can see with his increase in basal rates over a year ago, he can
longer disconnect for 2 hours or more and be "OK."  So, I would like him to
his pump during participation.  >>

My Luke doesn't yet want to play in organized sports, and he can disconnect for
swimming (0.1 u/hr basal during the day).  But have you considered
disconnecting him but having him reconnect every hour or so to catch up on his
basal & then go back off?  It might be a worthwhile alternative to getting all
the extra cases.  I'm not sure how much of a problem it would be to get his
pump back to him for that period of time but thought I'd suggest it.  We have
done that when we have long afternoons at the pool & it works well on Luke.

Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 - MM508

Do You Yahoo!?