[IPp] Sils/Comforts/Tenders . . . EZ-Set!

In a message dated 5/6/2002 5:37:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I would feel
>  better knowing that the angle is correct using the inserter.

I haven't personally used the sil-serter, but have manually inserted a couple
of sils (Comforts, actually -- but same thing) on myself . . . My
understanding is that you can adjust the angle of insertion on the sil-serter
(like you can with manual insertions).  I hear what you're saying about
wanting to have an consistent angle of insertion . . . It would have been
nice if they'd designed the sil-serter with a way to set it for a specific
angle of insertion (from several choices say in 5 or 10 degree increments
from maybe 15 degrees to 45 degrees) so that you could automatically get a
consistent angle of insertion .  .  .

For some of you with kids who need to use sils/comforts/tenders because the
90 degree sets (i.e. Quick-set & Soft-set) don't work well for them will be
glad to hear that Animas is coming out with the EZ Set which is also an
angled insertion set like the sils/comforts/tenders BUT WITH A CHOICE OF
CANNULA LENGTHS!  I think this will be a god-send for those with really
little ones and ones who just don't have a lot of fatty tissue . . . Animas
has also developed an INSERTER (Yay!) for the EZ set, though the last I'd
heard the inserter was still going through the FDA approval process (and I
have no idea if it has any way to set it for a specific angle of insertion) .
. .

Just my 2 cents.