[IPp] Baseball and pumping

My son plays many sports.  For most of them; soccer, track and basketball he can disconnect from his pump during participation and his readings are still OK.  Last year during baseball he could disconnect at the start of a game and be OK two hours later.  Not so this year.  He had his first baseball games this weekend and I can see with his increase in basal rates over a year ago, he can no longer disconnect for 2 hours or more and be "OK."  So, I would like him to wear his pump during participation.  He uses the MM508 and we have a Sport Case (the one make from back-pack material) and I have placed an order for the waterproof Sport Guard.  I am looking for any suggestions from any of you that have children participating in baseball or softball.  Does your child stay connected?  Do you lower basal rates?  If so by how much?  Have you found you need the Sport Guard, or is the Sport Case enough?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom