Re: [IPp] Sad question

In a message dated 5/5/02 7:31:38 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  Last year we walked to
> find the cure. We walked six long miles. He did such a great job, but when
> the walk was over, he asked me, Mommy so where is the cure? Did we find it?

We have done the Walk for three years. Never been able to finish  because of
Mary's numbers....until this year it had seemed ok with her.....this year she
got extremely upset (but had shot up to nearly 600 with sag wagon pick
up)......it seems she thought if she walked the whole thing she would
*receive* a cure......long talk on that.......Our children are so brave
......I always remember what Mary said within a few months of her diagnosis
(barely four)...*this is a nasty thing to do to a little kid*....she was/is
so right.......