Re: [IPp] Sad question

Hang in there. Our children are so strong and brave.  My son is five and he
has come to me a few times in the three years since being diagnosed.  He has
wanted to know why God chose him to be the one to have Diabetes, he wants to
know how Diabetes got into his body.  Questions from such a little guy, that
I have to really stop and think before I answer him.  Last year we walked to
find the cure. We walked six long miles. He did such a great job, but when
the walk was over, he asked me, Mommy so where is the cure? Did we find it?
It was heartbreaking, he thought that we were actually "walking" to find the
cure and that we would have it when the walk was over. What I hate most about
having a child with Diabetes is that I am a person who thrives on having
things in control, in a certain way, and I can't do one damn thing about this
disease.  We can love our kids, be there for them, and support them thru all
the hard times that they will have until the cure is found.  I look at my son
every day and I thank God for him, I look at him and I am amazed at how
strong he is with all that he has gone thru. And honestly, my son is my hero.
 He has taught me so much.
Mother of Matthew age 5 dx 3/15/99 pumping since 5/1/02
and Victoria age 7, non-D