  From:   <email @ redacted>
  To:   <email @ redacted>
  Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 1:44 PM
  Subject: [IPp] Re: Diabetes and bed wetting

    <<Can anyone help me?  I'm so tired of washing sheets.  I think he must be
    going
    low at night and then rebounding, but I haven't been able to "catch" him.
    The
    bed wetting started the same time as his symptoms of diabetes - a year

  ago.

    He wants to go to summer camp, but how can he with this problem.>>

    Hi Carol,
         I can't remember how old you child is, but sure he can go to summer
    camp.  That is what Good Nites were invented for!  Try them out to see if

  he

    feels comfortable with the concept.
         Diabetics do not concentrate their urine in the same manner as non-D
    people do.  Bed wetting and diabetes is certainly not uncommon, in fact it

  is

    a standard question asked at doctors appointments where I have been.
         And yes, bed-wetting has probably been the sign for many parents that
    something was wrong with their child.  Probably if this occurs dx can

  happen

    a bit sooner.
    Barbara, Mum of Claire 8