Re: [IPp] Diabetes & Bed wetting

Our other daughter (non-diabetic) was still wetting the bed at age 6, so we
got an alarm.  Ours worked like a charm.  Within two weeks she was sleeping
better and not wetting the bed.  The way ours worked was that it had a vibrate
and an alarm (you could choose which to switch on/off, or use both).  She wore
a pad that was connected to the belt and the pad had sensors.  As soon as any
wetness touched the pad, the alarm went off.  An automatic reaction is to hold
the urine.  Then we would stand her up to make sure she was fully awake and
take her to the bathroom (she slept in our room on the floor during this
time).  Then we praised and praised her for going.  We kept a smiley
face/sticker potty chart.  We also had her do kegal exercises every time she
went to the bathroom.  We would have her stop her stream of urine at least ten
times every time she went.  This strengthened the necessary muscles, and the
alarm helped train the behavioral aspect.  There are many reasons why it
works, and if the problem truly is the same as our daughters then the alarm
should help.  However, there are physiological reasons for bed-wetting, so
make sure there aren't any kidney problems or other medical reason.  We just
kind of did this on our own initiative, jumped on the web to compare
bed-wetting alarms and went for it.  We almost spent thousands of dollars on
another program, but then found this for less than $200.00, and chose to go it
alone (although they did have a phone number you could call for support and
questions).  I'm glad we did.

Best wishes to you!!
-Barb