Re: [IPp] missing hormone

> Have any of you ever heard of this happening?  Do you know the name of the
> hormone?  I want to say that she sounded as if she was saying "cortisone"

Sarah,
The only thing I know of is that frequently diabetics have problems with
thyroid dz since they are both autoimmune.our son, Jeffrey(dx 5/99)is type
1, and our daughter Eryn has Hoshimoto's dz, (which is when the body for
some reason rejects its own thyroid gland, resulting in an underactive
thyroid) Anyway, our endo frequently tests Jeffrey for the thyroid problem
since the two dz's are sort of cousins?  I  dont know if this is what your
child has, but I thought I would let you know about it just in case.

Take Care, Laura in AL, mom to Eryn,9, Jeffrey,6 dx 5/99, and Mary Glenn, 4.