[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #58

In a message dated 4/29/2002 6:55:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The place that is really red is the actual hole where the site goes in.  So
> I don't think it is the tape.  That is why I am suspecting the insulin, so
> was hoping to hear from another parent with similar problem.  I am hoping
> that our endo will consider trying a different set type or the novalog
> insulin.  He just shrugged it off when I showed him at our first follow-up
> visit after starting on the pump, but it doesn't look normal to me.

Angela, My son's sites w/ Humalog only lasted about 36 hours and we switched
to Novolog w/ wonderful results! A1C is down to 7.1 and sites last forever...
I think he let 1 stay in 6 days while he was doing the Atkins diet and not
taking much insulin boluses. We also use the Quicksets and love them. They
stay stuck for us w/out taping or using mastisol. Hope this helps. Trena (mom
to Jake 11)