[IPp] Our First Day with Pump

Hello everyone :)

We just got back from the hospital and we are now pumping!!  Well, we are
pumping saline, actually. But it is still very exciting. Our training went
great. My son did great. I swear kids are so great. He is only five and he
was such a trooper. I am so proud of him! :)
We go back on Tuesday for the "real" thing, insulin.  I can't wait!
We are using the silhouettes and I am not using the insertion device. Minimed
advised against it, they said it is better to start off knowing how to insert
by yourself and then if I want to use the inserter.  I was hesitant at first,
since the needle is HUGE....but my son is so brave, he just stood there and
let me do it.  I feel really good about inserting manually and without using
a numbing cream.  I pray that all future site changes go as smoothly.
He loves his pump, and I love him. SO...we are all happy.
Take care everyone, and thanks so much for all the advice on getting us
Officially a "pump-mommy" to Matthew, age 5  diagnosed 3/99