Re: [IPp] removing the sites

In a message dated 3/24/2004 6:05:51 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
My daughter is 5 1/2 and just started on the Minimed Paradigm.  She's happy
with everything except removing the sites.  The adhesive is really strong and
I'm not sure how to remove it without hurting her.  Even taping a loop in the
tubing upsets her. Have any of you tried Detachol or Zoff to unstick the tape?
I tried a few sites on myself and have to agree with her--it really hurts
coming off!  Does anyone have any tricks for getting the adhesive off with
minimal pain?  Thanks for your help.

Alex, mom to Justine 5.5 (pumping paradigm since yesterday!), and Elliott

Hi Alex
My insurance doesn't cover Detachol or any kind of adhesive remover. So, when
Justin's site is really stuck to him I use a cotton ball with a little nail
polish remover. It works just as good as the adhesive removers, and is much
cheeper.

Gina, Mom of Justin, 3 years old, pumping Cozmo