[IPp] parents of toddlers who use the 508 or Paradigm?

We have been authorized for a pump for our 2.5 year old son, and now
we must choose between the mini-med 508 and the paradigm. I really
wanted the Animas or the Deltec because they both have the .05 basal
rate increments, but I am hoping that there are parents of toddlers
out there who can tell me how they were able to best use either of
the minimed pumps. It seems like we will have two options for Jake--
needed, OR 2) use the diluent. If either of these have worked for any
of you, I would love to hear about it, or if there is another option,
I would love to hear it too!

Also, I know that the paradigm got a lot of bad press early on, and I
am wondering if the problems have been resolved. If folks have had
experiences either way, it would help me make a decision. You may
email privately if you prefer at email @ redacted

Thank you!
mom to Jake, 2.5 years, d'xd 20 months