[IPp] virus

A virus has been passed on to me by a contact.  My address book in turn has
been infected.  Since you are in my address book there is a chance that you
will find it in your computer too.
I followed the instructions below and eradicated the virus
easily.  The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
antivirus system.  The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system.  Messenger and the address book send it automatically
whether or not you send emails to your contacts.  Here is how to check for the
virus and get rid of it:

1.  Go to Start, Find or Search option

2.  In the file/folders option, type the name:  jdbgmgr.exe

3.  Be sure to search your C-drive and all the subfolders
     and any other drives you may have.

4.  Click "Find now"

5.  The virus has a grey teddybear icon with the name
jdbgmgr.exe     DO NOT OPEN IT

6.  Go to edit (on the menu bar) and choose Select All to
     highlight the file without opening it

7.   Now go to the File (on the menu bar) and select
      DELETE.  It will then go to the recycle bin

8.  Go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well

If you find the virus you must contact all the people in your address book so
they can eradicate it in their address books.  To do this:

1.  Open a new email message

2.  Click the icon of the address book next to the TO

3.  Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

4.  Copy this message and enter subject and paste to
     E-mail and send.

Remember to do this all very quickly.  It is easy to remove.

Amy T.