Re: [IPp] Re: D-Tron Plus?

 Hi, we've been using the D-tron Plus for about 3 weeks and our daughter is 8
yrs old. She is able to manage her boluses on her own with us observing. The
education can be overwhelming. However, the video that comes with the pump is
very thorough. We've referred to a few times. The book is also a very good step
by step. If you'd like to contact me, please feel free to email me off-line.
Good luck. Karan, mom of Nicole, dx 14 months of age, pumping 3 weeks.
  Charlotte Holt <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by
your tax deductible contributions.

Well, now our insurance is balking at letting my almost-9-year-old switch
from her Disetronic H-Tron Plus to the Animas pump we're wanting. They'd
like us to consider the D-Tron Plus instead. From my research, I see some
of the same features on the D-Tron that we like in the Animas, but the
Disetronic pump seems to have been designed for educated, computer-savvy
adult users, while the Animas really seems to be geared for kids (and their
grandparents). Annie is ready to take over more of her own management
these days, so I want her to have a safe, easy pump to use.

If anyone is using the new D-Tron Plus and has any thoughts/recommendations
for us, I'd love to hear from you.

Charlotte, mom to Annie, 9 on May Day, dx'd at age 3, pumping w/H-Tron
since age 5

Take care,
email @ redacted

Do you Yahoo!?