[IPp] Mistake I made tonight-set change with Cozmo

 For any of you using the Cozmo, I made a big mistake tonight that I wanted to
share with you - so hopefully none of you will do this.

 When doing a set change the first thing you do is: "Load", all fine there. Then
you "Fill Tubing". On the Cozmo, it is different than the Paradigm (Paradigm you
have to hold the button down the whole time you are filling the tubing). With
Cozmo, you push the start button, it starts to fill and when you are done, you
have to push stop) I pressed the "start" button to start filling the tubing,
then hit the stop button. Here is the "erroneous part". I forgot to press the
"back" button to take me to the "Fill Cannula" button. So, I thought I was at
the "Fill Cannula" screen and hit the "start" button and the thing is shooting
insulin in Rachel at lightening speed. I started to panic, but managed to get it
to "stop" after about 12 more units. So, we had to give her about 72 carbs
(whoa, that's a lot of Apple Juice!) She was 109 after 2 hours, so I just gave
her 70 more grams of grapes. It will all be over in about 35 more minutes, so no
real harm was done, but it was !

Mom to Rachel, 4 diagnosed 2/28/02, pumping 7/02, pumping COZMO 2/08/03
David 15, non-d (bass player-punk band - doing gigs at teen birthday parties)
Wife to Phil
Mesa, Arizona

email @ redacted

Do you Yahoo!?