Re: [IPp] Novalog Site Life & Mastisol with IV3000

In a message dated 3/18/2003 8:09:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Also, for those of you who use mastisol for your sites (that is the ONLY
> thing
> that will keep Cole's on), do you use IV3000 under it? I have been using
> mastisol for the last 3 sites (Skin bond did not work) &I have not been
> using
> IV3000...

 My Katie had a bad reaction to IV3000 & Tegaderm when we experiemented with
them.   They seem to work great and help a lot of people keep their sets
stuck (especially if you lay down the dressing and insert through it) -- but
it just isn't an option for her.  We've been using Mastisol  exclusively with
Quick Sets for almost a year and a half with great results.  We paint it on
with a q-tip in a target/circle shape (which is the shape of the tape that
comes on the Quick-sets), leaving a Mastisol-free area in the center where
the cannula goes (the "bullseye:).  As Josh's mom, Sylvia, told us at the
time:  the trick is to fan the mastisol for just a few seconds until it is
tacky (sticky, NOT wet) before you insert your set directly on it.  good

Pumpmama to Katie (12) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since