Re: [IPp] Paradigm Remote

We are in Texas.  We received our remote with our Paradigm, but we have
never once used it, and we have not once missed it!  We thought it would be
handy for bolusing when my son (8 years old) is sleeping, but we just nudge
him and he rolls over if he's on top of the pump; we use the backlight on
the pump and have not found this to be a problem.  The way we are, we would
wonder if we missed hearing a beep confirming the dose and we would probably
end up wanting to look at the pump anyway.

Some people use the remote with the "child lock" on the pump, so that the
remote is the only way to deliver the boluses.  We have not done this.

Can you order the remote after you get started on the Paradigm?  Maybe try
it for a couple of weeks without the remote to see if you miss it.  Or do
you have to order the remote at the same time as the pump, so that codes
match and they can communicate?

Best wishes,
mom to Jeremy, 8, pumping 6/02