Re: [IPp] Growth Spurts

In a message dated 3/6/2003 9:53:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> However, the last 4-5 nights she has been climbing
> to high 200's and last night at 2:30am she was 313.  I bolus and she comes
> right back down.  It doesn't seem to happen at a consistant time so i'm not
> ready to make a basal change yet.  Does this sound like a growth spurt?
> She
> also has been complaining that her legs hurt.  Her twin sister does this
> when
> she is having a growth spurt.  How long do growth spurts usually last?

Sounds like one of my daughter's growth spurts -- especially with the
complaints about legs that hurt.  For her, these kind of nighttime highs (in
the midnight to 4 am time frame, usually accompanied by insulin resistance
from the growth hormones) last anywhere from 4-10 days . . . Hang in there!

Pumpmama to Katie (12)