Re: [IPp] surgery - tubes in ears

       Our 6 year old son who is on the pump just had tubes put in on January
23.  Everything went very well!  I talked with our endo the week of the
surgery and she told me where to adjust the basals down to in order to keep
Joey in the mid 100's.  Not eating is not a problem, however, she also had
him set up with a saline IV in the event that he needed sugar before, during
or after the surgery.  The whole surgery takes 15-20 minutes.  Also, you
should insist that your son be taken first in the morning - they ususally
take patients by age - diabetics do have priority.  It really is a very easy,
short surgery ...All will go well!