Re: [IPp] field trips

In a message dated 3/26/02 3:55:26 PM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

> What law? Is this a state or federal law. I really would like to know.
> Another district near us has that policy, but I didn't know it was a
> law.  I have always gone on field trips until this year. Now, I make sure
> that the teacher on the trip is trained. Also, many of Jenny's friends
> (8th grade) know what to do in an emergency.
> Kay

Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities (check out the ADA site for
details)..field trips are considered part of *school* as well as
extracurricular activities and the children are to be cared for properly or
*accommodated*...schools love to refer to their *policy* but if it is in
contradiction to the law it doesn't mean a thing........