[IPp] Re: field trips

In a message dated 3/25/2002 10:52:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Thanks for all the great replies to my question about testing in the
> classroom.  I have another survey-type question.  What do parents of the
> young ones do about field trips?  The school has asked that my husband or
> I chaperone.  I'm sure everyone's situation is different, especially
> given the variation of nursing staff that's in the schools across the
> country.  I just would like some input as to how parents of kids in early
> elementary school handle field trips.
> Thanks

Hi Karen,
  I have enjoyed reading all the answers to your question about testing in
the classroom.
  For field trips I always chaperone.  Although there was one I was unable to
make & the teacher did just fine.  Ashley took a small backpack with her.
She carried her glucometer, juice, crackers, glucose tabs & glucose gel.  The
field trip went just fine without me but, I usually like to go along & since
I am a domestic engineer I am able to do it.  I don't know how parents would
handle this when they have to work.

Kim...........Mom of Ashley 11 yrs old(diabetic for 6 years & pumping 9-24-01)