[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #33

In a message dated 3/25/2002 10:52:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My wife and I are frequently asked to go on field trips for our other kids
> simply because we have a 15 passenger van -- this has proved helpful
> several times because some of the classes have kids in powered wheel
> chairs and we can load the chairs easily in the van. The analogy here is
> that without parent help, these kids simply can't go, there are no
> resources available for them.

It is the same here Michael.  Our school has to have at least one parent
besides the teacher on field trips.  I am often that parent because no on
else will volunteer.  If I couldn't go they would not be able to go on many
field trips.  It always amazes me that more parents do not want to get
involved in helping at school.  I volunteer for various other things at the
school because they always need help.

Kim...........Mom of Ashley 11 yrs old(diabetic for 6 years & pumping 9-24-01)