Re: [IPp] field trips

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 3/24/02 9:12:17 AM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > no one who will even take training to
> > help us with our kids.
> if this is a public school they are in violation of the law
> Beverly

The laws in Canada are not the same as the US. Even in the US, the result
of forcing this kind of issue is more likely to result in none of the kids
going on the field trip. Resources for schools are "very" tight since
education is not really the national priority it was 20-30 year ago.

My wife and I are frequently asked to go on field trips for our other kids
simply because we have a 15 passenger van -- this has proved helpful
several times because some of the classes have kids in powered wheel
chairs and we can load the chairs easily in the van. The analogy here is
that without parent help, these kids simply can't go, there are no
resources available for them.