[IPp] field trips

Thanks for all the great replies to my question about testing in the
classroom.  I have another survey-type question.  What do parents of the
young ones do about field trips?  The school has asked that my husband or
I chaperone.  I'm sure everyone's situation is different, especially
given the variation of nursing staff that's in the schools across the
country.  I just would like some input as to how parents of kids in early
elementary school handle field trips.
Thanks
Karen