[IPp] Re: [IP] pump at school mistaken for beeper

I usually like to snip messages, but all should read this again. I
screams 504 plan 504 plan 504 plan 504 plan 504 plan 504 plan

I can't overstate how important it is for ANY DIABETIC CHILD IN
PUBLIC SCHOOL to have a 504 plan.

A 504 plan COMPLETELY removes discretionary calls like this from the
hands of teachers and administrators at a school. It puts them in the
LEGAL POSITION OF NEGLIGANCE if they have not read and do not adhere
to the 504 plan for a student that has the covered disability. If you
do not have a 504 plan for your child / student then you are really
missing the opportunity provided by federal law to protect your child
from these abuses. Yes, they will still happen because some people
will not follow the rules, but at that point you can insist on severe
reprimands and they will not be able to say "I didn't know" since they
are required by law to know when there is a 504 plan in place.

email @ redacted