RE: [IPp] glycemic Index

Another good website to get nutritional information is
http://members.aol.com/webhealth/recipe.htm
>From there you can download a free trial version of carb counting software
that allows you to analyze your home recipes (you do not have to be aol
member to download it, because I'm not).  After 20 days, you have to
register it for a low price to keep it, but at least it allows you to try
their program first.  I have another software program called Recipe Analyzer
at home, but I can't remember what company made the program.  But I like the
format of the download better.  The key to these types of programs is if
they have a large enough database of ingredients to get an accurate
calculation.

Anyone have any thoughts, likes or dislikes about the use of such software
to analyze home recipes?
Angela, mom to Ashley,4 (dx 1/01) and Kristina, 16 mo

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Dianne Shekell
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 6:24 AM
To: POP; Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IPp] glycemic Index

   Many times I've seen posts from people asking if someone knew of a site
that showed the glycemic index of foods.
   There is a site dedicated to just that subject.  It's an Australian site.
In Austraila, they're trying to make food companies put the glycemic index
number of each food on it's food's nutrition  lables.
   They have a large data base that you can "search" to look up the glycemic
number of a certain food.
   Try it out.  The website is www.glycemicindex.com
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9