From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 9:03 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Re: Novolog & sites

In a message dated 3/16/2002 6:43:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi Sybil, I read your e-mail and I wanted to ask how long has Morgan been
on
> the pump.  My daughter Jamie has been on it 3 weeks and her sugars are
> erractic.  Our Nurse educator changes the basals and bolus carb to insulin
> ratio but she's swinging from hi's to lows!  When can I expect her to
level
> off, I'm becoming very discouraged!

Hi Jamie,
  Don't feel alone.  I think alot of us are very frustrated & maybe
discouraged that first month.  Even into the 2nd month.  My daughter Ashley
has been on the pump for 6 months.  I think the first half of this was the
hardest.  Into the 4th month is when I really felt comfortable with Ashley's
pump & happy with her numbers.  We have even found better control when we
switched from Humalog to Novolog.  In the beginning pumping is work.  But,
well worth it.  Don't give up.  Just know that this is normal & it will get
better with work.  I also have to tell you that finding Insulin Pumpers &
talking with other people going through the same things I am was a great
help
to me too!!!  Thank you everyone!!!

Hugs
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping
9-24-01)