Re: [IPp] Novolog and Sites

> Hi Sybil, I read your e-mail and I wanted to ask how long has Morgan
> been on the pump.  My daughter Jamie has been on it 3 weeks and her
> sugars are erractic.  Our Nurse educator changes the basals and
> bolus carb to insulin ratio but she's swinging from hi's to lows!
> When can I expect her to level off, I'm becoming very discouraged!
> Lee, mom of Jamie.

Hi Lee,

This is the sort of pattern I saw with my daughter when we discovered
she was sensitive to Humalog. We had the advantage that she had been
pumping already for a couple of years with regular insulin so the
erratic bg's were a significant clue. It is hard to make the same
assumption with Jamie because there is no history. The data collected
by Insulin Pumpers suggests that around 6% of people using Humalog
for infusion have this difficulty. If it keeps up, a switch to
Novolog would probably eliminate this as a possibility.