Re: [IPp] Re: Middle school issues & 504

In a message dated 3/15/02 7:55:14 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

> .  Wish we had done it years ago.
> Saying you have a 504 carries much, much more weight than just having a
> "statement of understanding" which we worked with for so many years.  AND
> all
> the teachers have to sign of on it - there can't be anyone who "didn't read
> it".

I just recently had to invoke my son's 504 (non D but learning difference in
gifted child) when a Spanish teacher publicly punished him and wanted me to
sign an agreement......I wrote *perhaps she is not aware of his 504? I am
available at anytime to discuss*...never heard another word....we are still
getting my daughter's in place....again, updated for pump.....