[IPp] Re: Middle school issues & 504

We waited to get 504 in place until Andrea was a Junior in high school -- we
found it was almost necessary to get the proper accommodations for SAT/ACT
testing.  Go ahead and do it now - yes, it's a little bit of work and, yes,
you have to fight the schools because they don't want to do all the work they
have to do, but it is really worth it.  Wish we had done it years ago.
Saying you have a 504 carries much, much more weight than just having a
"statement of understanding" which we worked with for so many years.  AND all
the teachers have to sign of on it - there can't be anyone who "didn't read

Liz B.