Re: [IPp] Novolog and Sites

Hi Jamie

Jana here. My daughter still has some of that happening but far less than
before she started pumping. Some get fixed fast while others take more time.

The best way to find the right basals is to do a fasting .Try fasting a
certain meal for a period of 3-4 days and see what her sugars do during that
time.We started fasting lunch first.Patricia ate breakfast and we then did
not feed her until supper.This was on a fairly normal day and not high
activity. We then changed the  meal to supper.She ate regular all day and
did not eat supper for 3 days.She did eat a bed time snack. That way we were
able to see what was too high or too low for basals.

Then we knew the real problem for us was when eating.Patricia has celiac
disease and a digestion problem with some foods , so we have a harder time
finding the correct bolus.But lately we are hitting it right on for
that.Thankfully.
Maybe you can write Barb Chafe as she really has alot of this figured out.
Do you have the Pumping Insulin book as it deals well with this too.
Barb's email is Duck, Barb and
E-mail Address(es):
  email @ redacted
She is the head host of Pumper's Insulin Nova Scotia and has helped alot of
people with this type of thing.It is not hard to do but you do it over a
period of time so not to have the kids feeling they are starved.
Keep in touch and be encouraged as we are here for you.

Jana Mom to Patricia D'xed July 92