[IPp] Re: Baby Adya

First and foremost...Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby
girl!!!!  What a wonderful thing it is to bring a child into the world!  Oh
the blessings you will enjoy because of and with her!

I am so sorry that she has been dx'd at such a very young age.  My daughter
was 13 months when she was dx'd.  She is doing wonderful now and regards
diabetes as normal and part of her.  Nowadays with all of the advances that
have been made with regard to the types of therapies available, diabetics can
now live much healthier lives.  Especially with the help of an insulin pump.
What a wonderful addition to our life it has been.

Please feel free to email me if I can answer any questions or help in anyway.
 I know just how overwhelming this time right after the diagnosis is and
coupled with the fact that she is your first child I'm sure is adding even
more stress.  Please know that this is a wonderful place to find help and
support.  Most, if not all, of us have much "been there and done that"
experience that we are willing to share.  I'm glad you have found this
support network so early on.  Use it...it is invaluable!

Tammy, wife to David
Mom to Shannon, 4, dx'd 2/99, pumping 3/01
& Kaitlyn 1 1/2 and running wild!