[IPp] Re: alt sites

In a message dated 3/7/2002 7:58:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Where does everyone put most of the sites?  Riley will only let me do
> stomach, I have to really nudge him to do his butt but I think we need to
> try other areas as well.  Riley absolutely refuses his legs-I've put in 2
> sites on the top of his thighs the beginning of pumping (using a tender, now
> we use softsets) and it hurt him pretty bad.  Now, he won't let me try his
> legs anymore.  I've heard about arms-anyone use these?  I can't get him
> talked into letting me try those, is there any other places?
> Take care,
> Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6 (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 21mos), Mason-4, Cailin
> Rose-almost 3, &

Hi Amy,
  Ashley will only let me use her stomach.  We did try her upper rear area
once.  She cried & cried before & after.  She didn't want to do it but, I
told her she had to try it at least once.  She refuses to do it again.  So we
are only using her tummy.  I am hoping she will try her rear again at some
point.  Maybe when she is a little older.  She totally phsyches herself out
before every injection.  We have been working on deep breathing excersizes so
she can relax.

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping