Re: [IPp] Re:Confused Mom (long)

i just learned it by trying and guessing, no one told me how much to do this
or that, beyond, trying 1 unit for 15 carbs and 1 unit for every 100 over
100, including like 120 give .2 etc. i learned about extended boluses, and
lowered basals by reading and trying them in certain instances, like lowered
temp basal when she went to epcot, it worked by cutting them in half, so when
we went to disney, sea world etc we did that too, and recently to avoid lows
while and after wards we cut basals in half for a total of 8 hrs from the
time she goes roller blading.
using extended bolus for pizza was only something i had read about, until i
got a pump that could do it. and we tried it, mostly going by how much i
remembered bolusing after the first 2 hrs as the first 2 hr reading was
always in range it was the 4 th and 6 th hr readings that were hi. trial and
error, just happens that i either am totally right and it is almost 100 even
or we are a little hi but not much. and so far i haven't over done it and
made her low, although that is why i do test mostly every two hours sometimes
more often when i do things like this whether it be the first or the 100th,
things change all the time. our endo never told me to even try any of these
good luck,