From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Justin and Amy
Boswell
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:23 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] RE: Deciding what pump

D-Tron
Pro-
        Swiss engineering
        Prefilled reservoir
        Online management with Insight software
        Waterproof
        Luer-lock set connector
        Worldwide Market share
        Basal frequency (3 min)
Con-
        *Sales rep is in Houston
        Proprietary batteries
        Difficult to learn
        *Children's lack of experience with it
        *Size
        *2 basal settings
        Basal increment (0.1u)

Ok, as a parent of a D-tron pumper I can say these are not all cons (and not
all accurate either).  It's NOT difficult to learn at all-my parents learned
the same time we did with no problems and my mother is severally audio
dyslexic!:O)  I found it just as easy if not easier than learning to pump
the H-tron.  I don't think this is a factor at all!<G>  I'm not sure what
you mean by children's lack of experience with it?  Riley could give himself
boluses by the age of 6 yrs old, he also knows how to suspend or *stop* his
pump.  There are two basal settings A and B, however there is TWO temporary
basal settings on top of that.  I'll type up a full, official list but I
honestly think we all need to stick with our OWN pumps-what we have first
hand experiences on dealing with a particular pump.

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6 1/2 (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 21mos), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-almsot 3, & Lane-3 mos