RE: [IPp] time on site

We are using H, so maybe your theory is right Amy.  We are always careful to
clean the area and wipe it with an alcohol prep pad, which should take care
of all bacteria.  I am unfamiliar with Novolog.  Why do endo's not like
Novolog?  What is the difference between it and H?

Angela, mom to Ashley 4 (dx 1/01) and Kristina, 16 mo

Yes, we also wipe with a prep pad too so I know we are using strict, clean
procedures before inserting the site.  I also don't touch anywhere near the
needle of his softsets so it's not contaminated by my fingers.  The way I
understand it, Novolog is fast acting like H only it's has a slightly faster
onset (15 minutes?) but lasts longer (4 hours) so it's like having the
convienance of rapid acting like H but the luxury of longer lasting like R.
I've also heard Novolog can help postprandial numbers which we also have a
problem with in Riley.   Don't take my word on it, hopefully someone who is
using Novolog can explain better than me!:O)

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6 1/2, (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 21mos), Mason-4,
Cailin Rose-almost 3, & Lane-3 mos