From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Justin and Amy
Boswell
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:12 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] time on site

How many of us that have skin problems in our kids are using H in the pump
vs Novolog?  Riley also has terribly, red, irritated sites after 48 hours
(even after 24 he has a pump bump!).  The CDE told us it was an infection
problem and we needed to use antibacterial soap...........nope!!!  That was
wrong because we had already been using the soap and generally put new sites
in right after a bath or shower.  Even when I use a antibiotic type cream on
it, his sites still take a long time to look good and the skin is still
patchy for awhile afterwards so I think it's not an infection.  I strongly
suspect Riley's problem is the H and I'm hoping Novolog will
eliminate/reduce this, at least, it's going to be an arguing point for me at
the endo's office to get him on Novolog!:O)

take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6 1/2, (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 21mos), Mason-4,
Cailin Rose-almost 3, & Lane-3 mos