[IPp] Re: pump comparison

In a message dated 2/26/2002 9:42:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As everyone knows, we are still new pumpers, but my daughter is on Minimed
> 508, and will be getting a free upgrade to the waterproof Paradigm sometime
> after April.  We are very excited about this, because she loves  to swim,
> and it would have been a real headache (not to mention hard to control bg)
> to be disconnecting all the time.  It has been difficult to control her bg,
> but I feel that has more to do with her age and still being new at this,
> than anything to do with the pump.  The MM has been real easy to program and
> we've been real pleased with the pump itself.  I do not have the brochure
> with me, so I don't recall if the Paradigm uses .05 or .1 increments, but

Hi there,
  I have a question.  How are you able to get a free upgrade to the Paradigm?
 We also use Minimed 508.  I think it would be great to have a waterproof
pump for my daughter.  She is also in the water alot during the summer.
Thanx

Hugs
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping
9-24-01)